- Free Centralized Management Console!
- NEW! Windows Event Log Integration
- NEW! Thin-Provisioned Drive Auto-Detection
- Manage defragmentation across the enterprise
- Install, deploy & configure from a central console
- Define and manage settings for each client
- Enhanced SSD reporting and recommendations
- Increased flexibility in customizable scheduling
- Customize up to 12 unique alerts
- Remote desktop management
- Comprehensive reporting to keep you informed
What's new in PerfectDisk® 14?
PerfectDisk 14 adds Windows event log integration, thin-provisioned drive auto-detection, automated reporting from PerfectDisk clients to their managing PerfectDisk Enterprise Console and enhanced integration with Citrix Servers.
NEW! Windows Event Log Integration
PerfectDisk-identified fragmentation-related issues are now logged to the Windows Application Event log. These alerts can then be detected by 3rd-party monitoring programs such as Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. This integration allows customers to use their existing monitoring/management tools to monitor for performance degradation caused by file and free space fragmentation.
NEW! Thin Provisioned Drive Auto-Detection
PerfectDisk now automatically detects thin-provisioned drives in both physical and virtual environments. For drives that are auto-detected as thin-provisioned, PerfectDisk automatically will configure itself so that defrag operations performed on the drive are less likely to fully provision the drive.
Easily install, deploy, configure, manage and report on PerfectDisk across computers, servers and virtual environments. The PerfectDisk Enterprise Console's Deployment Wizard guides administrators through deployment, updating and installation processes. Plus, from the console interface you can seamlessly convert evaluation copies to licensed copies of PerfectDisk.
Auto-Optimization for Complete Unattended Optimization
Customize defragmentation and optimization schedules for your computers, servers and virtual environments from a single location. Through the PerfectDisk Enterprise Console, you can automate defrags that run daily, weekly or during system idle times.
Customized Settings Management
Define and manage settings for each PerfectDisk client according to their unique requirements. The PerfectDisk Enterprise Console lets you easily configure a host of PerfectDisk settings across your enterprise, including log settings, system resources and priority settings.
Instant Notification of Fragmentation Issues
PerfectDisk Enterprise Console gives you the ability to customize up to 12 alerts on fragmentation of drives across your enterprise. When alert parameters have been reached, the console provides visual notifications of the affected drive and the severity of the problem. Notifications can also be emailed to system administrators automatically.
Remote Desktop Management with Remote Control
Troubleshoot fragmentation issues across an entire enterprise through a single, convenient location. With the PerfectDisk Enterprise Console, administrators can access terminal service and remote desktop and have the ability to control PerfectDisk on remote drives.
Advanced Reporting of Fragmentation Issues
The PerfectDisk Enterprise Console provides the industry's most comprehensive set of fragmentation reports, giving you a complete picture of fragmentation issues across your enterprise. Reports include:
- Install Report: Shows which computers have PerfectDisk installed, including the version number and license type/expiration.
- Fragmentation report: Shows fragmentation-related issues across the enterprise, with visual alerts of affected drives.
- Historic Fragmentation Reports: Shows fragmentation-related issues over a user-specified date range.
- Alert and Warning Report: Shows the current warnings and alerts for drives throughout the network.
- StealthPatrol Schedule Report: Shows schedules for running PerfectDisk on drives throughout the network.
Remote Free Space Management
IT administrators can easily obtain detailed storage information on workstations and servers throughout the enterprise.
Physical or Virtual computer running a x64 edition of Windows Server or x64 edition of Windows business/professional/enterprise desktop.
When installed, the PerfectDisk Enterprise Console requires 50MB of disk space. An additional 50MB of space may be required depending on the Console database configuration.
The PerfectDisk Enterprise Console requires SQL Server as a backend database. You can use an existing SQL server, an existing SQLExpress Server or the Enterprise Console can use SQL Compact Edition locally on the Enterprise Console computer.
Managing Windows 11 Clients
Windows 11 Clients can only be managed by the Enterprise Console if the Console is running on the following versions of Windows: Server 2022, Server 2019, Server 2016, Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise..