- PerfectDisk V9.0 now available for OpenVMS V8.4.2-L1 (VSI)
Most OpenVMS systems experience: disk fragmentation, random file placement, I/O bottlenecks, ineffective sharing of memory and CPU among processes, and a lack of monitoring and reporting tools to gauge the scope of these problems.
The Performance Suite integrates high-performance system resource management solutions that boost productivity and the value of your resources.
Performance Suite Key Benefits
- PerfectCache - Improves I/O performance by utilizing unused main memory to store data, reducing I/Os to physical disk.
- PerfectDisk - Eliminates file fragmentation with a single pass on the disk, open-file defragmentation included!
- PerfectDisk - Intelligently positions files on the disk to minimize average seek times and delay re-fragmentation
- PerfectTune - Tunes the system automatically in response to changing workloads and interactive usage.
- PerfectFile - Eliminates RMS index file fragmentation on-line and tunes FDL settings.
The RaxcoSupport package addresses three general areas of user support: help desk, user training, and user productivity. RaxcoSupport has a standard DCL-like command interface and includes on-line help. Some are executed directly at the DCL command line, and others run with their own interactive command line much like the OpenVMS Mail utility.
RaxcoSupport Suite Key Benefits
- Interactive user assistance, tutoring, and collaboration on joint projects
- Session recording for troubleshooting and documentation
- Remote computer connections and dial-in, remote-site support
- User training and group software demonstration
- User participation in training or troubleshooting sessions
- Multiple terminal sessions and screen displays
- Log file formatting